COVID-19 Passenger Announcement – Northland is now at Alert Level 2.
All Buslink services have now returned to normal.
COVID-19 passenger guidelines in Alert Level 2
- No social distancing is required but buses are seated passengers only. (No standing passengers).
- Buses with a full seated load may go past your stop.
- Please continue to scan your QR codes, Register your bus trip here or call us on 0800 002 004.
- Face masks or face coverings are mandatory on public transport in Alert Level 2. Visit our face masks / coverings FAQ page for more information.
- If not comfortable with new Alert Level 2 rules, please find an alternative to Public Transport.
Alert Level 3 COVID-19 service update
Reduced Services for Buslink will remain in place during Alert Level 3.
Far North Link
Kaitaia (Pak n Save) Service:
Pak n Save 9:30 / 10:10 / 12:20 / 2:00; Retail Park 9:32 / 10:12 12:22 / 2:02; Allen Bell Drive 9:34 / 10:14 12:24 / 2:04; Parkdale Cres. 9:36 / 10:16 12:26 / 2:06; Dunn St. 9:38 / 10:18 12:28 / 2:08; Empire St. 9:40 / 10:20 12:30 / 2:10; Melba St. WC 9:42 / 10:22 12:32 / 2:12; Te Ahu Back Entrance 9:45 / 10:25 12:35 / 2:15; Switzer Home 9:50 / 10:30 / 12:40 /2:30; Oxford St. North Tec. 9:52 / 10:32 12:42 / 2:22 Hospital 9:55 / 10:35 12:45 / 2:25; Pukepoto Rd. 9:57 / 10:37 12:47 / 2:27; Lake Rd. 9:59 / 10:39 12:49 / 2:29; Williams St. 10:01 / 10:41 12:51 / 2:31 Jamieson Rd. 10:03 / 10:43 12:53 / 2:33; Grigg St. 10:05 / 10:45 12:55 / 2:35
Mangonui to Kaitaia (driver dependent) from Tuesday 24 August operating as per normal. Depart Wiltons Garage 9:15 am and return 12:57 pm depart Hospital (no workers).
Ahipara to Kaitaia (From Wednesday 25 August shoppers service operating as per normal – 9:19 am from Marae) No workers service.
Mid North Link
Shoppers Services as per normal, please contact the operator for further details on 09 4010193
Shoppers Services as per normal, please contact the operator for further details on 021 405 872
The following services are cancelled until Alert Level 2:
Bream Bay Link
Whangārei Heads Link
Easter Services Update
Buslink’s service hours will change over the Easter weekend:
• No services on Good Friday (Friday, April 2)
• All bus services will operate on a normal Saturday timetable on Saturday April 3.
• No services on Sunday, April 4 (Easter Sunday).
• No services on or Easter Monday (Monday, April 5).
• All bus services will return to normal timetabled services on Tuesday, April 6.
Christmas Timetables24 Dec 2020 - 4 Jan 2021
It’s the silly season! We have an update on our services over the Christmas holidays, please note some of our usual services will not be running during this time.
Thursday 24 Dec – Normal services are FREE
Friday 25 Dec – No services
Saturday 26 Dec – All services, normal timetables
Sunday 27 Dec and Monday 28 Dec – No services
29, 30 and 31 Dec – All services, normal timetables
Friday 1 Jan 2021 – No services
Saturday 2 Jan 2021 – Normal services
Sunday 3 Jan 2021 and Monday 4 Jan 2021 – No services
Free Service on Thursday 24 December.
No services from Friday 25 December to Sunday 10 January, services return on Monday 11 January.
Mid North and Hokianga:
Free Service on Thursday 24 December
Between 26th December 2020 and 2 January 2021 the route from Omapere to Kaikohe (Route 1) and Kaikohe to Kerikeri/Waipapa (Route 2) will operate as normal.
There will be no service from Kaikohe to Kerikeri via Paihia/Waitangi on these days.
Bream Bay Link:
Free service on Thursday 24 December, services run as normal from Thursday 31 December.
Hikurangi Link and Whangarei Heads Link:
Free Service on Thursday 24 December, services run as normal from Thursday 31 December.
Merry Christmas from Waka Kotahi and Northland Regional Council.
COVID-19 Bus services update
Northland is at Alert Level 1
It is not a requirement to wear a face mask on public transport, but it is encouraged. A mask or face covering needs to cover both your nose and mouth. It is important not to touch your mask or face and then your face with your hands while you are wearing it.
Remember to be kind. Together we can stop the spread of Covid-19:
- Masks limit the chance of Covid-19 spreading in places where it is often harder to distance yourself from people you don’t know.
- Our transport services are still running on the normal timetable. Changes may occur at short notice.
- Stay home if you are sick.
Covid 19 Update – Protect others, protect yourself
As at noon Wednesday 12 August, Northland is at Covid-19 Alert Level 2. All BusLink services are continuing to run as normal with new procedures in place for ensuring the safety of passengers and drivers.
The key information about services is outlined below.
Face masks and coverings
Protect others, protect yourself – Face coverings or masks will be mandatory for anyone using public transport as of Monday 31 August 2020. Face coverings such as a bandana or a scarf can be used if you do not have a mask.
Masks limit the chance of Covid-19 spreading in places where it is often harder to distance yourself from people you don’t know.
Please ensure that from Monday 31 August that before boarding any public transport that you’re wearing a mask or face covering.
Tips to keep you safe:
- Keep 1 meter apart – Stay safe, keep your distance from others while you wait for the bus
- Use the window seats if possible
- Avoid direct contact with the driver
- Keep a 2-metre distance from people at all times
- If you are travelling with a friend or family member it is ok to sit together
- Stay home if you are sick.
Your cooperation is crucial if New Zealand’s response to COVID-19 is to be effective. Remember to be kind. Together we can stop the spread of COVID-19.
Mid North Links 1, 2 and 3 and the Hokianga Link
Changes to Mid-North and Hokianga Link services1 May 2019
Please check the updated timetables for the new times and services available from 1 May 2019